Nov 30, 2023
Jeff Drew, the JofA’s editor-in-chief, is the guest on today’s episode, taking listeners through some of the articles in the December issue, which goes live on Friday.
Drew, a former JofA senior editor and manager with the AICPA’s Private Companies Practice Section, has focused on content for the daily and monthly magazines for more than a decade. He is also the host of the Small Firm Philosophy podcast.
He previews coverage on the topics of:
n firm practice management;
n considerations for potential firm partners;
n the employee retention credit;
n Excel’s Automate feature; and
n Improving your work setup with a vertical mouse, mechanical keyboard, and more.
If you have article ideas or other magazine feedback, you can reach Drew at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
· Where readers can find the latest monthly issue of the JofA.
· A summary of a small firm owner’s article about firm practice management.
· Considerations for CPAs on the path to partner.
· Drew’s explanation of the top item in the Tax Matters section.
· The advice that Kelly Williams, CPA, shares about Excel in Technology Q&A.
· Another Technology Q&A topic that reminds Drew of 1980s arcade games.