Nov 9, 2023
The title above is the first question posed to the guest on this episode of the JofA podcast. Byron Patrick, CPA/CITP, CGMA, vice president—Client Success at the B3 Method Institute, is a repeat guest on the show, and he’s spoken previously about best practices for virtual meetings.
The conversation topic was spurred by an article covering recent research about how our brains perceive interaction differently in virtual meetings than in-person meetings.
The first time Patrick appeared on the JofA podcast, in 2019, he discussed effective email rules.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
· Why trying to look someone in the eye is difficult in virtual meetings.
· Patrick’s recall of memorable meeting gaffes.
· How headphones can be useful in online meetings.
· A cameo appearance from Patrick’s dog, Trinity.
· Why Patrick says that 10 minutes of consideration can make meeting attendees more effective and presentable.